Volunteering Leadership Program – Summer 2018
Are you enthusiastic about Science, Technology, Engineering or Math? Do you want to spend a week making a difference in your community? Come volunteer with Creative Encounters with Science at the University of Guelph School of Engineering to provide fun, dynamic & hands on experiences in STEM!
High school students who will be entering Gr 10-12 in the Fall are welcome to be apart of our team! This is an excellent & exciting way to earn your 40 hours. Volunteers are responsible for the following:
- inspiring youth of all ages to get excited about STEM!
- preparing for activities & organizing materials
- involvement & assistance in camp curriculum
- leading lunchtime activities
- Being a key member of our team!
Learning doesn’t stop with our campers. Volunteers at Creative Encounters have a chance to get immersed in STEM and inspire others with their own passion, experiences & growing knowledge. A fantastic way to be involved with youth in the community, help a greater cause and build up your resume. We value the volunteers that are a part of our program & will be working closely with them to encourage leadership & initiative!
WHERE & WHEN?
Most of our camps are run on the University of Guelph campus in the Engineering building (Thornborough).
To find the dates for this summer, go to the Camp Schedule.
Students who are interested in joining Creative Encounters for the summer will be required to do 2 steps
- Complete a Volunteer Online Application Form (down below)
- Submit a description to email@example.com explaining why you would like to be a volunteer at Creative Encounters & any experience you may have volunteering. (Max. 250 words)
Successful candidates will be contacted and asked to provide a valid vulnerable sector records check (ask your local police department) by the first day of volunteering. Please note these records checks take approximately 2-4 weeks to be processed.